Gurpal Singh Poonia, Leeds
1. Why did you decide to take part in the Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge?
What better way to do something for charity? A personal challenge and also for a good cause, what more could you want? It was the first time I have done something like this and the sense of achievement at the end is a great feeling. For those that have wanted to do something like this but too lazy, do it next year, you will not regret it.
2. How did you find the organisation of the Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge?
Fantastic! Well organised and good support, the paronthe were a nice touch. I’m sure I ate more carbs than I spent on the trek!
3. What were your most memorable moments of the Challenge?
Everything, it was a new experience for me so I took it all in. The pain I was in the next day was also memorable but for the wrong reasons!!!
4. Would you do it again?
Absolutely, I might even do Snowden next year!
5. Would you recommend it to your friends and relatives?
I already am, it is important we get as many of our people there next year. We are stronger as a collective, not as individuals. It doesn’t matter if you raise £5 or nothing, take it a step at a time. I only decided to do it 2 days before the day!
6. Have you got any message for Khalsa Aid?
Keep up the great work! Amazing team and hopefully one day I will be in a position to get involved more actively.
7. Any other suggestions/criticisms/improvements?
More for those reading this, please participate next year, let’s make it bigger and better every year.