Robert Crossland, Alzheimer’s Society Locality Manager – West Yorkshire
1. Why did you decide to take part in the Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge?
I work for the Alzheimer’s Society and wanted to support this event; I was challenged by friends and colleagues; it was something that I wanted to do personally
2. How did you find the organisation of the Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge?
Very good – support was excellent. Maybe I should have told someone my mobile phone number before setting out as a precaution in case I didn’t make the checkpoint?
3. What were your most memorable moments of the Challenge?
Making the first peak, chatting to fellow walkers about dementia; friendly atmosphere.
4. Would you do it again?
5. Would you recommend it to your friends and relatives?
6. Have you got any message for Alzheimer’s Society?
7. Any other suggestions/criticisms/improvements?
Maybe I should have told someone my mobile phone number before setting out as a precaution in case I didn’t make the checkpoint? A phone number to ring – I arrived at 7:05 am but if I had been much later it would have been useful to let someone know.